Below are two links to renowned definitions of anti-Semitism. The third link is to President Trumps’ Executive Order on Combatting Anti-Semitism, which provides further protections to Jewish students under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- U.S. State Department definition of anti-Semitism
- The International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA) Working Definition of Antisemitism
- Executive Order on Combating Anti-Semitism
Below are some organizations that work to combat anti-Semitism and intolerance in the U.S. and worldwide.
- Combat Anti-Semitism Movement – CAM is a global network of organizations and individuals committed to confronting anti-Semitism and provides excellent weekly recaps of anti-Semitism around the world.
- The Anti-Defamation League - The mission of ADL is to stop the defamation of the Jewish people and to secure justice and fair treatment to all.
- American Jewish Committee - AJC is a global Jewish advocacy organization, with access to government officials, diplomats, and other world leaders.
- The AMCHA Initiative - AMCHA Initiative is a non-profit organization dedicated to investigating, documenting, educating about, and combating anti-Semitism at institutions of higher education in America.
Christian Perspective and Resources
Below is analysis by the US Branch of the International Christian Embassy Jerusalem
The New Anti-Semitism: Anti-Zionism
Below are articles connecting modern anti-Zionism with classical anti-Semitism
- When Anti-Semitism Pretends to be Just Anti-Israel, by Israeli Ambassador to the UN Danny Danon
- How Anti-Zionists Legitimize Anti-Semitism, by Jonathan Tobin.
- Anti-Zionism is the New Anti-Semitism, by Stephen J. Savitsky.
- The Rise of Anti-Semitism on the Left, by Mark Thiessen
- State Department Updates Anti-Semitism Definition Following Omar’s Anti-Israel Resolution
Below is an online course by the experts at Yad Vashem, the World Holocaust Remembrance Center in Jerusalem
- Anti-Semitism: From its Origins to its Present – Yad Vashem
Reports and Tools
Below is a list of reports covering recent antisemitic trends and statistics in the U.S. and around the globe, and open source tools available to track anti-Semitism.
- ADL’s Tracker of Anti-Semitic Incidents, The Anti-Defamation League
- AJC Survey of American Jews on Antisemitism in America, The American Jewish Committee, 2019
- Anti-Semitic Attitudes in the U.S.: A Guide to ADL’s Latest Poll, Anti-Defamation League, January 29, 2020
- National Survey: Anti-Semitism in America, Hudson Institute’s Center for Religious Freedom, June 2019
- Anti-Semitic Incidents Report 2019, The Community and Security Trust, February 7, 2020
- Experiences and perceptions of anti-Semitism - Second survey on discrimination and hate crime against Jews in the EU, European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights, December 10, 2018
- Interim report by the Special Rapporteur on freedom of religion or belief, Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, September 23, 2019
- ADL Global 100, Anti-Defamation League, 2019
Below is a list of books which cover the history of anti-Semitism, as well as modern-day anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism.
- Bernard Lewis, Semites and Anti-Semites: An Inquiry into Conflict and Prejudice, W.W. Norton & Company, 2014
- Raul Hilberg, The Destruction of the European Jews, Martino Fine Books, 2019 Reprint of 1961 Edition
- Léon Poliakov, The History of Anti-Semitism, Volume 1, University of Pennsylvania Press, 2003
- Léon Poliakov, From the Time of Christ to the Court Jews, University of Pennsylvania Press, 2003
- Dennis Prager and Joseph Telushkin, Why the Jews, Touchstone, 2003
- Deborah Lipstadt, Anti-Semitism: Here and Now, Schocken, 2019
- Cary Nelson, Israel Denial: Anti-Zionism, Anti-Semitism, & the Faculty Campaign Against the Jewish State, Indiana University Press, 2019
- Eric Rozenman, Jews Make the Best Demons: “Palestine” and the Jewish Question, New English Review Press, 2018.
- Alan Dershowitz, The Case Against BDS: Why Singling Out Israel for Boycott Is Anti-Semitic and Anti-Peace, Post Hill Press, 2018
- Stephen Norwood, Anti-Semitism and the American Far Left, Cambridge University Press, 2013
- Neil Kressel, "The Sons of Pigs and Apes": Muslim Antisemitism and the Conspiracy of Silence, Potomac Books, 2012